Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ryan Mathews or Jackie Battle?


                Ryan Mathews or Jackie Battle? Isn’t this the question of the week as far as fantasy football running backs. Both of these players were free agents in my fantasy league this week. San Diego plays New Orleans this week which has one of the worst rushing defenses in the league. So who should I pick up? Well I decided to pick up Ryan Mathews because I think long term this will be the better running back option for the rest of the season. This week however it’s really tough to know who the Chargers will decide to give more carries too. Battle started last week against KC but Mathews also played and had only one less carry than Battle. I think the Chargers gave Battle the start this past week, 1. Because KC is Battle’s old team and, 2. The Chargers were still ticked off about Mathews fumble the week before. As for this week I think a big game for Mathews could be in sight. Mathews could explode on a horrible NO defense. I think this week is the week any owner who picked up Mathews in the first round will be able to breathe a little easier, and any owners who dropped him will be kicking themselves. My advice, if for some reason, like me, Mathews is a FA in your league pick him up, and if there is room on your roster also pick up Battle.  Also if Mathews cannot get it going against NO this weekend and Battle is a FA gobble him up next week for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment